Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Electioning

So I was in line at my polling place at 6:00, in the rain, sans coat or umbrella. Thankfully, a nice young lady was willing to share her umbrella, and we chatted quite a bit.

I finally voted at 8:30, and when I left, the lines were just as long as when I first got there, spanning three blocks. I'm glad I went early.

A Dutch radio reporter interviewed the people I was standing with and me, asking whether we believed that Virginia was going to go blue. The other folks were pretty confident it is going to -- I am less so, but I kept that to myself. Then the guy asked whether a McCain supporter would be comfortable declaring who they were going to support, and we all agreed no, at least not the area we were in, an urban area with a population which tends to be heavily African-American and college kids, along with single professionals such as myself. The reporter was last seen searching for someone who was going to vote for McCain. And by searching, I mean wandering away while yelling "WHO HERE'S GONNA VOTE FOR MCCAIN??"

No comments: